Rss Feed
Tweeter button
Facebook button
Youtube button

A New Home (Quote of the Week)

cosmos1When you awaken to the evolutionary impulse behind the entire cosmos as your very own Authentic Self, you find yourself living in a new world. It’s not the small, personal world that your ego or separate self-sense has lived in since the day you were born. You may still exist and function in that world, but deeply, it’s no longer your home. Your home is the vast process that began the day the entire cosmos was born. When this kind of shift occurs irrevocably, the idea of living “for a higher purpose” doesn’t even make sense any more, because at an interior level, you and that purpose have merged and become one. You have become the actual manifestation of that higher purpose. It’s no longer external to who you are. To a significant degree, you and that higher purpose become indistinguishable. That’s what Evolutionary Enlightenment means. Your entire life becomes permeated by that evolutionary impulse, because that is who you have become.

• Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • LinkedIn
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • Yahoo! Buzz

Filed Under: EnlightenNext Editors’ BlogEvolutionary EnlightenmentEvolutionary SpiritualityIdealismQuote of the WeekSpirituality

Tags: , , , , , ,

About the Author

Andrew Cohen is the pioneering teacher of Evolutionary Enlightenment, the founder of international nonprofit organization EnlightenNext, and the Editor in Chief of EnlightenNext magazine. Learn more about his work at www.andrewcohen.org.

Comments (9)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

1. niki isaacs says:

Making choices and given no choice, coincides and parallels with reality in the most positive eternal presence and future in our lives.
    Collective consciousness lives internally within as well as in the great field of the far reaching cosmos that we all inhabit.
    Oneness encompasses our hearts to reach beyond our individual ego boundaries and unite with the evolutionary process. The magic that sparks when being turns to becoming, and becoming to being, spirals in form and formlessness, merging through our souls in all our lives.

• Kathleen says:

inspiring. the form and the formless. space centered molecules within…merging with the space which gives birth to form. flying…
      Being a spark of creation … seeing and smelling and tasting and touching…through these senses i am returning creation to creation . I am purpose.

2. Sam Rosen says:

Now that is a powerfully enlightened transmission!!! I love Andrew’s point about the idea of “living for a higher purpose” not making sense anymore because who you are at the deepest level isn’t separate from that purpose. I’ll be retweeting and sending this one around for sure. :)

• Kathleen says:

yes. i grok that. to live in that awareness all of the time…or even half of the time would be sublime.

3. Liam says:

This is a very beautiful description to something we long lost forgot as the floor of our beings in which the ever beginning process / signal that begets existence is what allows us life in the first place …

4. Frank Luke says:

Spirituality, having a vison of life and the world, aesthetics, morality

Being a an artist with a spiritual Awakening, having a vision of life and the world I envision as “better, more beautiful”, I conduct my life to bring that vision about to actualtiy with the puny efforts I am enabled to make. Being a visionary should not mean only having visions that are seen only by one’s own self but if beautiful enough, should be considered worthwhile enough so as to be actualized with whatever it takes in whatever form that makes the most impact so others can share and hlep to support that effort.

I hope my footprint will leave behind a trail of beauty, a “better” more beautiful world for future generations to enjoy. This gives my work impetus to continue.

A song of Awakening:

I’d like to build the world a home
    and furnish it with love
    grow apple trees and honey bees
    and snow white turtle doves

I’d like to teach the world to sing
    in perfect harmony
    I’d like to hold it in my arms
    and keep it company

I’d like to see the world for once
    all standing hand in hand
    and hear them echo through the hills
    for peace throuout the land

thats the song I hear
    Let the world sing today
    a song of peace
    that echoes on
    and never goes away

I’d like to teach the world to sing
    in perfect harmony

I’d like to teach the world to sing
    in perfect harmony

Aloha, Namaste!

5. Absolutely. Everything is aligned. My mind, my soul and the soul of the universe is one. And choice simply moves through me.
    Thank you for your beautiful expression of this point which is challenging to put into words.

6. Seraaj says: